February 14, 2014

Dim Sum

When I reached the top of the stairs at Lin Heung Tea House, I was greeted with the somewhat ominous instruction, "You take care of yourself". I was ushered over to an empty seat at a table of 8, where the locals were oblivious to my presence. I heeded the man's advice, washing my own cup and chop sticks in boiling water, dashing across the restaurant after the dim sum cart, snatching the buns and dumplings from the assortment of chicken feet and mysterious globs, getting my card stamped, and then gingerly stepping back across the wet slide of a floor, slick with the dribbles of water and tea. I was the only person there that was not Chinese, which was seemingly highlighted by the fact that I was given a different type of tea. And the food? Quite good. Definitely my scrappiest and most authentic dim sum experience. 

No frills here!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, but a little too "self serve" for me. :)

    ReplyDelete